An urgent message from the Indiana AFL-CIO:
Brothers and Sisters,
It's go time.
After weeks of delay and denial, the Republican leadership of the Indiana House of Representatives has just announced that the House's Employment, Labor and Pensions Committee will hear House Bill 1468, which contains so-called "right to work" lanuage THIS MONDAY at 9:00 a.m. at the Indiana Statehouse.
This last minute addition to the schedule is designed to give the public as little notice as possible and prevent working men and women from coming to Indianapolis to oppose this bill.
It's time to fight back and make our voices heard!
We need your help NOW and ask that you:
1. Call your state representative at 1-800-382-9842 right NOW and tell them to vote "NO" on House Bill 1468.
2. Ask your spouse, your children, your friends and neighbors to call their state representatives NOW and tell them to vote "NO" on House Bill 1468.
3. Email your state representative here, right now, and tell them to oppose House Bill 1468
4. Forward this email to anyone and everyone who cares about working people and Indiana's future and ask them to contact their state legislators
5. Come to the Indiana Statehouse on Monday to stand up and oppose this bill.
House Bill 1468 will be heard in Room 156 at 9:00 a.m. Be aware that parking and getting through security will take a considerable amount of time, so plan accordingly.
We are also organizing a week-long protest of this and other anti-worker bills at the Statehouse beginning Monday. We encourage you to come to Indianapolis and talk to your state lawmkers, in person, about why "right to work" and the other anti-workers bills are bad for you, your families and your communities.
We need working Hoosiers to come to the Statehouse all day, every day next week beginning with the following times:
Monday, February 21, 2011 beginning at 9:00 a.m. (*NOTE TIME CHANGE DUE TO RTW HEARING)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, February 24, 2011 beginning at 10:00 a.m.
We will not allow big business and out-of-state special interests to legislate our rights or our way of life.
The fight is on. Let's go!
President, Indiana State AFL-CIO