|What is this woman thinking?
If that doesn't tell you where these anti-worker, anti-family troglodytes are coming from, I don't know what does.
Yesterday in the Missouri Senate, SB1 and SB 206, both right-to-work (for LESS) bills, merged and passed the Senate General Laws Committee. Cunningham chairs the committee.
Mike Hall over at the AFL-CIO blog has a great rant about this:
...there isn’t much that surprises me anymore, let alone shocks me. Well, today, I’m shocked. Missouri State Sen. Jane Cunningham (R) has introduced a bill to minimize child labor laws. I could find all kinds of colorful words and descriptions to show just how crazed and outrageous is S.B. 222.You have to see it to believe it, and here it is.
- It takes away the ban on employment of children under 14.
- It removes restrictions on the number of hours and times of day when a child may work
- It repeals the work certificate requirement
- It allows children under 16 to work in any capacity in a motel, resort or hotel
- It removes Division of Labor Standards' authority to inspect employers who employ children.