We found this terrific infographic from Craig Newmark, who founded Craig's List. It shows:
- There were 164 bills introduced in states that would restrict voting in the 2012 election.
- 21 new voter suppression laws and two executive actions were passed to suppress voting since the beginning of 2011.
- 5 million eligible voters may find it too hard to cast a ballot in the 2012 election because of these new laws.
- 4 states passed laws restricting the kind of ID that can be used to identify yourself at the ballot box, with 5 more pending.
- 18 percent of people over 65 don't have that kind of ID.
- More than 20 million voters don't have the kind of ID needed in states where these new laws were passed.
- 2 states passed laws outlawing voter registration drives.