Thursday, December 27, 2012

What real people really say about unions (Hint: UNION 4 EVER)

We've heard enough anti-union, anti-worker crap from extremist billionaires who want to turn American workers into feudal serfs. So we thought it would be instructive to see what real union members say about their unions.

Here's a sample of the comments we copied on the Teamsters Facebook page. They're unsolicited. And we see them all the time:

Johnny Raw
Local 295 '92-'95...Local 831 '95-Present. 20 year retirement, medical benefits, no need for home equity loans, able to take pension loan. Thank God for Unions. Power to the working man!
Gene Seedes, Sr.
I like to thank The Teamsters for a great Life. Look at all them years. And always had a Teamsters job.
Richard Burchell
I enrolled in the Teamsters Driving Program in 1983. I'm now retired with a nice pension and medical insurance. Thank You Teamsters!
Deborah Bruce Hamilton
My sisters and I were raised by the Teamsters. You'll never hear a bad word about them from us. They truly are a brotherhood.
Carlos Plasencia
I'm a recent retiree after 34 years of being a Teamster . I was able to retire at age 56, thanks to my Contract negotiated by the defenders of the middle class.
THE TEAMSTER UNION
Steve Mincey
I've been in the painters union for 15 years work union get better pay UNION 4 EVER
Richard Lapointe
Local #25 Boston, 42 years for me and 23 years for my wife, both now retired enjoying an outstanding pension. God bless the Teamsters and God bless the New England Teamsters Pension Fund.
Marcos J Santos
The Teamster pay scale, keeps the non union pay scale competative. With out it, how much do you think you'd be making? The contract give's everything in Black & White, respect and rights, I worked for non union carriers, where I had no rights. If you're written up for something or fired, who do you appeal to, the company that wrote or fired you?
Casey Schwanz
Come on......Unions especially Teamsters fought for my single mother Dana Marie SCHWANZ in the seventies and eighties..,.AND SHE STILL STRONG WITH WORKERS RIGHTS WITHOUT HER UNION.....TEAMSTERS AND UNIONS HAVE TRUE!!!!VALUE!!!! IN THE LOWER AND MIDDLE. CLASS....Take it from me.I...WAS RAISED IN A COMFORTABLE CHILDHOOD THANKS TO TEAMSTERS SUPPORTING MY MOTHER'S RIGHTS
Frank Kisselstein Jr
ya gotta love being a TEAMSTER...