Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stephen Colbert calls out David Koch


Time Magazine honored 100 people it deemed "most influential" earlier this week. Comedian Stephen Colbert was one of the honorees, and we fortunately have a transcript of his remarks. (Unfortunately, no video has surfaced.) We thought we'd share what he had to say about one of the Benedict Arnold Koch brothers:
Of course, all of us should be honored to be listed on the TIME 100 alongside the two men who will be slugging it out in the fall:  President Obama, and the man who would defeat him, David Koch. 
Give it up everybody.  David Koch. 
Little known fact -- David, nice to see you again, sir. 
Little known fact, David's brother Charles Koch is actually even more influential.  Charles pledged $40 million to defeat President Obama, David only $20 million.  That's kind of cheap, Dave. 
Sure, he's all for buying the elections, but when the bill for democracy comes up, Dave's always in the men's room.  I'm sorry, I must have left Wisconsin in my other coat. 
I was particularly excited to meet David Koch earlier tonight because I have a Super PAC, Colbert Super PAC, and I am -- thank you, thank you -- and I am happy to announce Mr. Koch has pledged $5 million to my Super PAC.  And the great thing is, thanks to federal election law, there's no way for you to ever know whether that's a joke. 
By the way, if David Koch likes his waiter tonight, he will be your next congressman.