Saturday, February 25, 2012

Here's what we union thugs do on our Harleys

JC25 Horsemen, IN Labor Day Parade
We raise money for a local children's hospital and the SPCA.

We also join our brothers and sisters on strike lines and ride in Labor Day parades.

You can read all about the Teamster Horsemen in this post by Scott Samayedny we'll borrow from the Teamster Magazine blog:
The Teamster Horsemen Motorcycle Association is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit organization. I’ve been a member of Teamsters Local 456 for 15 years and a Teamster Horseman for three years.
I personally joined the Teamster Horsemen because I not only love riding my Harley, but I’m a proud Teamster. Our chapter of the Horsemen has been fundraising for our local children’s hospital in the Hudson Valley of New York for the last three years. The hospital is the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, a one-of-a-kind hospital just for children. The fundraiser is called the “Go the Distance” walk, which had more than 5,000 participants last year alone.
The next fundraising event is on April 22, 2012. If you can’t join us at the event, you can still help out here.
Our chapter of the Teamster Horsemen also supports the SPCA of Westchester, N.Y. We will be attending a fundraising event with them on April 28, 2012.
I would love any Teamster to join the Teamster Horsemen to get involved in this wonderful experience. Anyone in the Hudson Valley here in New York can contact me to join my chapter, at bird456@optonline.net.
Oh, and btw, "thugs" stands for "Those Helpful Union Guys."