Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Teamster daughter's tribute to her dad

We love to hear from our readers, especially when they tell us about Teamsters they know and love. 

Tiffany Allison sent us this message about her dad, and we asked her if we could share it. She said she'd be honored. 
This is my dad Robert Allison who is no longer with us. He was one of the greatest men ever and lived to be a part of the Teamsters. The picture with all the guys are all Teamsters who were arrested for picketing Roadway Express. He believed in the Teamsters so much that he had my sister and I go to the Statehouse rally with him to protest with fellow Teamsters while I was only in 6th grade. Everything he taught my sister and I stuck with us. Proud to have had him as my dad, proud to know what the Teamsters stand for because of him.
RIP, Brother Allison.