Please take a moment to watch this hilarious video that portrays the Koch-funded American Legislative Exchange Council as -- well, what it is, a corporate dating service for state lawmakers.
Fighting for the corporate right to pollute isn't all ALEC does, of course. Here's a sampling of what ALEC is up to today:
- Fighting for the right to interfere with private companies' by preventing them from honoring employees' voluntary requests to have their union dues deducted from their paychecks in Missouri and Pennsylvania (you may know it as paycheck deception).
- Lobbying to seize public lands and sell them off to corporations for mining and drilling.
- Passing laws to ban cities and towns from offering broadband internet service to their residents.
- Passing laws to enrich drug-testing companies by forcing welfare recipients to take drug tests.
- Curtail the power of the federal government to protect the environment, consumers and workers
- Elect job-killer Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker to the presidency of the United States.