Ryan is the chairman of the House Budget Committee. He is a general in the war on workers. Earlier this year drew up a budget known as the Ryan budget, which
- Gives a $187,000 tax cut to every multi-millionaire and billionaire.
- Ends Medicare and forces seniors to pay as much as $5,900 more for health care.
- Cuts 62 percent of programs for low-income (aka poor) workers.
- Eliminate the “60/30” provision which allows railroad employees to retire with full benefits at 60 years of age with 30 years of service;
- Eliminate the Railroad Retirement Occupational disability program for rail workers who can no longer perform their railroad duties due to disability;
- Increase the minimum retirement age for railroad employees to 62 years of age with a reduction in benefits;
- Increase the minimum age for spousal annuities with a reduction in benefits;
- Increase the annual out-of-pocket medical costs paid by railroad retirees and cause the costs of railroad retiree health insurance under GA46000 to soar.
I’m very supportive of the Ryan budget plan. It’s a bold and exciting effort on his part and on the part of the Republicans and it’s very much consistent with what I put out earlier.... I applaud it. It’s an excellent piece of work and very much needed.Remember in November!