Here's a quick recap of some headline-grabbing Teamster actions:
- Teamsters sue to block Frontier Airline concessions. The Denver Post reports the International Brotherhood of Teamsters sued Frontier in U.S. District Court on Aug. 3. The IBT argues that a concession deal worked out between Frontier and its former union was illegal.
- Teamsters escalate protests against BMW across the country. Jobmouse.com reports the Teamsters set up protests outside 50 BMW dealerships in 11 states – California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Michigan, Missouri, New York and Virginia. The German company, which received a $4 billion bailout from U.S. taxpayers, now wants to lay off nearly 100 longtime Teamsters in Ontario, Calif., -- just because it can.
- Sotheby's locks out unionized art handlers, sparks picket line. Reuters reports New York Teamsters set up a picket line outside of Sotheby's, the high-end auction house, after they were locked out during a contract dispute.
- Teamsters Local 79 sued the State of Florida for requiring state employees to contribute to their pension plans in violation of their contract.
- Minnesota Public Radio reports Teamsters won't deliver to American Crystal Sugar because the company locked out workers who are members of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers Union.