Friday, July 15, 2011

Win the "My Bad Boss" contest

There are a lot of bad bosses out there, as the folks at Working America are discovering with their “My Bad Boss Contest.” With less than one week left to enter, stories describing tales of workplace horror are streaming in from around the country.

“Sydney” from Illinois writes:
My boss makes over five times my salary. I go into his office to tell him I can’t afford my commute, gas is costing me 1/4 of my weekly pay. Boss replies, “I know, when I take my Porsche out of storage for the summer, it’s going to cost a lot to gas it up.”
“Tracy” from New York:
Is there a polite, professional way to ask your boss to put away her undies? I manage an office for a rather eccentric doctor. Every day I come into work not knowing where I will stumble across my boss's over-sized undergarments, but rest easy, NY - they are never hard to find. Quite often they are strewn around the office, covering doorknobs and other surfaces I am required to touch.
On the more serious side, one contestant describes a boss that threatened to fire her for leaving work to go to the emergency room for a heart condition. Her health insurance was subsequently cancelled.

Three grand prize winners will receive a seven-night stay away from their nightmare boss at a vacation condo provided by Union Plus and Trading Places International.

To enter, or just read some bad boss stories, visit the site.